Thursday, February 21, 2013

WOOHOO-Baby!!!


Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 11:13pm
Copley, OH

We learned today that a new portal to eternity was recently created! We will meet this new addition to the universe in September because . . . my baby (Christen) is having a baby . . . wow. Not unique by any stretch of the imagination, but the wonderful announcement is unique and untried from this aging right hand.

The Joy in my heart burst like fireworks upon learning such blessed news. It took a few moments for me to decipher the signs mixed in with some papers I was asked to look over.  (You ssnnneeaky kids!)  I was trying to  decoding the license plate "AKA-GMA" thinking it was someone's new educational designations--- turns out they were my new designations!  This education took 53 years, undergrad degree was in husband-ry for 30 years and a 
Masters in growing-up 3 daughters!  Finally, I'm being accredited with my GMA! What wonderful and exhilarating news.  


We feel like & talk like it is going to be a boy, but in 8 months (7 now) we will either say, "I knew it!" Or "I'll be a monkey's uncle!" Either way, it will be glorious.

There is now---One more to pray for, one more to trust my Savior to, one more reason to lift my voice and have thanks and praise pass over my lips.  One more reason to acknowledge "Allswell" in this painful world. One more yearly celebration and gifts to buy.  One more to scoop up in my arms.  One more cheek to kiss in staccato.  One more to teach "This Little Light of Mine", "Jesus Loves Me" and John 3:16 too!  One more wee pair of Nike's to buy and "Jonny-jump-up" to set up. One more to read too in my silly voices and teach the only Italian song I know "Con Gesu, si amo ...", One more to love, to hope and dream for.  One more to be reunited with in heaven.  One more personality to capture a moment from the past ----and transport it to the here and now.  One more opportunity to glimpse a recognizable twinkle, smile or mischief from days gone bye.  One more, of several more--Lord willing, to steal and never return to me--- my heart.

Charlene DiFonzo Holmes, GMA











No comments:

Post a Comment